


Well, I have to admit I LOVE soccer...Amelia actually likes it too! I always said that I never wanted to be a soccer mom, the thought of going to practices and standing around in the heat, and cutting up oranges sounded like no fun for me. However, Amelia's friend, Makayla plays and Borys played. Amelia recently went through a I want to learn to do everything phase so I asked her if she wanted to play....she said yes so I figured we would give it a try. Now, her first practice I thought no way I want to go...I made Borys take Amelia to practice & Roman tagged along. The second practice I figured there was no way I wanted to go on a Sunday morning in the cold & mud (although Roman loved getting into the mudd) so I declined to go said Annelise was tired and I relaxed for an hour of me time. Well, then she had her first game and I had to go because now she gets to wear the cute little uniform and she got up to put it on at 6am! Shin gaurds and all! So, off we went to find where they were going to play for a half hour we finally found it at Pierce College and right after I set-up my chair Amelia scored her first goal. Now, I am not sure if she knew that she scored or if it was an accident because she didn't react much. However, she did do it again at her second game & then again yesterday at her third game. I have to admit when I am not talking to the other moms about bible camp, swimming lessons, teachers, etc. I do pay attention and I recently have found myself laughing at some of the things that have happened. For instance, my friend yelled out to hit another player (she realized what she said & corrected herself by saying get aggressive), or when some other mother was holding Annelise and Annelise proceeded to spit up all over this poor woman. The woman than asked me if I was nursing or if it was formula...how do you answer that one? Nursing & yes, that is part of me that just landed on your leg. She was very nice about it, but still awkward. Anyways, the point is Amelia likes soccer and I do too!
No comments:
Post a Comment