Happy New Year! I can't believe it is 2009 - it feels like it was just yesterday that we were celebrating the arrival of Y2K and 2000. Since that time so much has changed in my life, it is entirely different than what I had planned...marriage, divorces, births, deaths, tears, fears, grins, giggles, and three children to keep Borys & me busy. However, we are blessed with our families who has helped us with surprise of illnesses, surgeries, divorces, job changes and a lot of guidance to assist us with our three little munchkins, Amelia (5), Roman (3) and Annelise (4 months).
I have decided that it is important to keep this journal because I don't want to look back & say I wish I did so at the age of 35, a new year, a new baby, and the inspiration of some of my old friends (Shayla, Pam, Tracie) I have decided I can do this....We will see how it goes!
Let me just catch you up on the past year since that is the easiest year for me to remember because it was a memorable one...my sister, Dana, who lives across the street with her three kids Grant (8), Helena (5) and Everett (2) has lived through the worst year ever...she has fought breast cancer, endured divorce proceedings with no child or spousal support. However, there is an angel in our lives now we welcomed Annelise Antonia Kohut to our klan on August 20, 2008 and she has been a blessing of joy after we endured a loss the year prior. She was born at 8:07am at 8 lbs. 3oz. and 19 inches - I had forgotten how small they are when they are newborns....Amelia & Roman were both the same size - 7 lbs. 14 oz. 21 inches and it just seemed long ago when they were born. Amelia started kindergarten when I was home on maternity leave and Roman started pre-school and is finally potty-trained. They both love Annelise and have their moments of fighting with one another so I'm sure they will add her to the mix when she can hold her own.
We are headed to Palm Desert tomorrow to celebrate Uki Christmas with Tassia & Andy, Drew, Steve & Roma and Yuri & Robert. So, there will be a lot more to come in the year ahead....let's see what happens.....
No comments:
Post a Comment