Where were we?
The thought of being home on MLK day with the kids and then with the inauguration of Barack Obama on January 20th, I thought it would be interesting for the kids to put together a time capsule. My mom did one with me when I was a kid, and we recently found it. It is so interesting. Anyways, Dana & I took the kids to McDonalds for lunch and let them play & then we did a little lesson about the inaugugration so the kids would get an idea of what was happening. They actually understood & knew more about it than we expected. It is fascinating because when you think about it, my kids will not truly understand the signfigance of Obama’s presidency they will just know of a world where an African American man was President and that is a great thing. So, we worked on the time capsule, actually Dana & I did most of it. However, in 30 years it will be interesting to see what they remember from this time, where we are then, and what lies ahead.
No comments:
Post a Comment